Lip Fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding shape, volume and structure.
Juverderm is our brand of choice. It is an injectable cosmetic substance (Hyaluronic Acid) also commonly known as dermal filler or Hyaluronic Acid Filler. Juverderm is injected into the skin to plump it up, making it firmer and smoother over lines.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occuring substance found in our bodies that can hold up to ten times its water weight, which is why it is a great plumping substance. It is also temporary as opposed to the now more out-dated collagen, and can be easily dissolved should the lip augmentation results be unwanted.
What Should I expect Before the Treatment?
An in depth consultation with you to understand your needs and what you would like to achieve.
A topical aesthetic cream is applied to the treated area 20 -30 minutes prior to the treatment.
How Long Does the Procedure Take
Depending on how many areas you wish to treat, normally 30 minutes to an hour.
What Should I Do AFTER the Treatment?
After your procedure you will be advised thoroughy on aftercare. The aftercare guidelines include not wearing makeup for at least 12 hours, and avoiding the sun, saunas, steam rooms for at least 48 hours
Some Clients can experience temporary tenderness, swelling or bruising around the injection sites. It is recommended to take Arnica a week before and after the treatment to reduce side effects of bruising. Ibuprofen is recommended to ease tenderness and inflammation.
How Long Does Dermal Filler Last?
Juverderm filler can last 6 to
What is Arnica?
Arnica can be taken as a tablet or applied as a cream. It's a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the symptomatic relief of bruises.
To minimise bruising, swelling or soreness after a lip filler procedure we recommend the following aftercare:
- An ice pack may be applied to reduce swelling
- Take Arnica to help reduce bruising
- Avoid the sun, hot baths, saunas or steam rooms for 48 hours
- Avoid excessive exercise for 24 hours after treatment
- Don't rub or massage the treated area to prevent the injected product being moved to unwanted areas, surrounding the lips
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before and after treatment as alcohol increases vascular activity and can lead to more bruising
- Avoid wearing make up for 12 hours